Wednesday, October 6, 2010

[Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?]

So... If never wanting to see 8 1/2 again makes me a bad film student, I think I'm ok with that. I saw it. It's done. And I think that will be the end of our lives together, thank you. I'm sure I've now alienated myself from a large number of my peers, but I don't think they actually read this, so it's all good.

Classes have officially begun, and with less than two weeks until my first shoot, I also officially no longer have a life outside of school. Yay lifelessness.

Our 15ish minute short is about Kyle. Kyle is dead. He works in purgatory in the Murder department. This is, of course, the happiest job ever, since he spends pretty much every day sending all the pleasant people to hell.

Preparations are... going. We're planning to build out the entire set here on the AFI sound stage, which is definitely a huge undertaking, but I'm totally psyched to do it. I can like hammer hammers or something actually useful. Thankfully, we have a designer who's all kinds of cool, so he actually knows what must be done and whatnot. I get to be the one with the credit card. Who also says no. But I try not to say no unless I have to.

All in all, the creative muscles are being flexed, which is definitely nice. I'll have a full detailed post about the shoot once it's done. Assuming I can still move my fingers.

Which I hope I can. I like my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment